The camp will be held in Uluwatu in Bali, Indonesia at Uluwatu Surf Villas. A unique resort situated on the most beautiful cliff front of Uluwatu. You can see the exact address here. http://uluwatusurfvillas.com/
Our coaches are the multiple world champions and jiu jitsu superstars Gezary Matuda and Bruno Malfacine. Go to our “Coaches” section and find more info about these amazing athletes.
Yes, absolutely! All belt levels and teams are welcome. There are no politics in our camps and they are a great way to make great new friends from schools all over the world.
Yes, no problem. We all were beginners once! And an intensive camp such as ours, with particular focus and taught by two of the world’s best will really help accelerate your game.
Airfare is not included in the price of the camp. You are responsible for booking your own airfare. If you need help, contacts us!
All spots include:
– Five nights accommodation in the luxurious Uluwatu Surf Villas;
– Private transfer from the Ngurah Rai International Airport to Uluwatu;
– All breakfast, lunch and dinner from the special In-Villa Menu or at Mana Restaurant located on the property. Plus, we can cater for any specdial dietary requirements and preferences.
– One yoga session per day, suitable for all levels;
– Two jiu-jitsu sessions per day with Gezary Matuda and Bruno Malfacine (may be less depending on injuries, weather and hangovers – yours, not ours!!). Suitable for all levels.
– Surfing lesson with professional surf coaches, suitable for all levels;
– One BBQ Welcome Party at the front cliff of Uluwatu Surf Villas;
– One BBQ Farewell Party at pool house;
– Specialist support to plan and arrange activities such as surfing, snorkelling, trekking, treatments, massages and sightseeing.
We have a limited number of spots and we want to make sure our guests are comfortable and happy. Uluwatu Surf Villas entire property will be exclusive for the use of our camp and all prices are based on a double occupancy per room. Our booking policy is on a “first-come, first served” basis, but arrangements can be made to suit the needs of our guests. Contact our team to discuss the possibilities.
The fee includes your transfer from Ngurah Rai International Airport is also known as Bali Denpasar International Airport (DPS) to the venue. So make sure you share your flight info with our team and have your transfer arranged.
We advise all guests to fly into Ngurah Rai International Airport, also known as Denpasar International Airport or I Gusti Ngurah Rai International Airport, is the main airport in Bali, located 13 km south of Denpasar.
We advise our guest to arrive at 3 pm on the first day of the camp for the check-in. The opening BJJ session will be at 4 pm, and our last session will be on the morning of the last day of every camp. If it is your preference to arrive before and have one extra day at the venue you can contact our team and we will help you with your arrangements.
As long as there are spots available, you can join our camp.
Jiu Jitsu Escapes is a whole intimate experience of six days camp for 36 guests only, therefore we prioritize guest attending to the whole camp.
Cancellation 45 days prior to the start date will get you a 50% refund. No refund will be issued if cancelled 44 days or less prior to the camp start date. ou may transfer your spot to another person at no cost. You can get in touch with us and we will provide support.
*No refund can be issued for the SECURE DEPOSIT.
The most important thing to remember is to make sure that you have an updated passport and a valid VISA. You will not be permitted to enter Indonesia if your passport is going to expire within six months of your departure or if you are from a country that requires a special VISA to enter. Most travellers coming from the US, Australia, Asia and Europe are issued tourist visas upon arrival, but if you carry a passport from other countries it is worthwhile checking to see if you need a visa. The standard tourist VISA is applicable for up to 30 days. If you plan on staying longer in Indonesia you must apply for an extended stay VISA at your local Indonesian Embassy prior to departure.
Make sure you have your tetanus and hepatitis shots updated before travelling to any remote region of the world. Malaria is a reality in some parts of Indonesia; consult your doctor for more information. If you take a prescription medication make sure you bring the necessary paperwork that goes with it in case of an emergency. If you are prone to seasickness please bring something to counteract its effects. For more information please consult your doctor. We cannot be held liable for changes to travel arrangements or delays brought about by external influences or transport providers.
All classes are in English.
Yes. Our Bali Camp is mainly Jiu-Jitsu. But we will have also NOGI sessions and open mats for those who want extra training.
We plan on running sessions in the mornings and evenings, but the schedule may vary considering the group energy and weather conditions.
From 1:30 to 3 hours per day. In total, we offer around 10 hours of classes per camp. There will be open mats in case you want extra training.
Always ask the instructor if it is ok with him before you film the class.
Yes, there is a WiFi connection at Uluwatu Surf Villas.
Yes. There is a daily laundry service and a special service for your gis and training gear.
Yes, they’re most welcome to come and enjoy the camp, attend to our yoga and surf classes. Be aware we have limited spots available for non-practitioners guests. So contact our team and we will advise you on the availability.
Yes, to preserve our guests we would offer you and your family a more private accommodation. Contact our team to check the availability and have a look at our children policy:
Three months to 6 years old – FREE
7 to 12 – 1/3 of the practitioner guest fee
13 to 18 – 1/2 of the practitioner guest fee
The classes are exclusive for Jiu-Jitsu practitioners attending the camp.
There is no age limit participation. Under 18 you must be accompanied by a legal guardian.
Yes, you can. Contact our team and we will advise you about our single occupancy rates. We have limited availability for this option. If this is what you are after we advise you to book as soon as possible.
All over the world.
Yes, absolutely, you can speak directly with the instructors directly to make an appointment once you arrive.
There are no physical tickets for the camps. But you will receive a payment confirmation when purchasing your spot. If you prefer you can always print that document.
-Your Gear: Belt, Gis(we advise at least two), Rashguards and Eargards. Plus whatever you need to train hard!
-Photocopy of travel insurance and passport
-Cash (Indonesian Rupiah) to settle any extras that you buy.
-Camera and video camera and lenses/accessories
-Sandals or thongs
-Laptop and smartphone (optional)
-Flash drive (for photos)
-Insect repellant (please avoid bringing aerosols to the island where possible)
-Malaria medication if recommended by your doctor
-First aid kit for yourself and/or the tropics
-Sun cream and zinc and after sun products it’s hot out here
-Reef walkers or booties – if your feet aren’t used to the reef
-Sports or stainless water bottle (please help us to minimize plastics in the area)
The local currency in Bali, as with the rest of Indonesia, is known as the rupiah (IDR, or RP). Travel credit cards and debit cards will allow you to access and spend your funds conveniently in Indonesia.
Depending on what you want to do. You need to bring money for beverages, drinks, treatments, equipment rentals like an extra board, snorkelling, national parks and local attractions entrances and fees on other activities you decide to go to, souvenirs and extra meals. Apart from that, there’s not really much you have to spend money on. The meals are all included and the hotel has a board room where you can borrow boards to go surfing in front of the cliff.
The standard used in Bali is a two-pin plug (round): Voltage: 230 V. Frequency: 50 Hz. Power sockets: type C / F.
All camp tickets are non-refundable 44 days or less prior to the camp start date. This is necessary to avoid the risk of people cancelling shortly before the camp, where it will be too difficult/much work for us to re-sell the ticket and we might have paid upfront reservation fee for food, accommodation, transportation etc.
In case you have to cancel your participation, you have the option to sell your ticket. This can be a friend or maybe someone on our waiting list (if the camp is sold out and there is one). You could also try to post in our Facebook group and see if anyone there would be interested. If you end up with a ticket you can’t sell due to injury/illness/etc., you can also look into if your travel insurance will cover.
1. Your registration after purchasing will be considered as a contract between you and Jiu-Jitsu Escapes Pty Ltd.
2. Cancellation 45 days prior to the start date will get you a 50% refund. No refund will be issued if cancelled 44 days or less prior to the camp start date. For information about ticket transfer and waiting lists, contact us. If you choose to pass your ticket to someone else, please notify us by email as soon as possible, so we can update our records. No refund will be issued for Holding Deposits as described at the moment of purchase.
3. If you change your address, email address or telephone number after your registration, please inform us about your new contact information, so that we can keep you updated about everything related to the camp.
4. Jiu-Jitsu Escapes Pty Ltd is not liable or responsible for any injuries that may occur during the camp as per the camp waiver that you must sign to participate. Please ensure that your insurance company covers martial arts training.
5. Jiu-Jitsu Escapes Pty Ltd is not responsible for any personal belongings at the camp, it’s up to everyone to keep their personal belongings safe.
6. We reserve the right to immediately and promptly exclude participants from the camp without refund if they act aggressively or inappropriately to other camp participants.
7. By registering for the camp you are deemed to have agreed to the terms of our camp.